Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Unit 9


Introduction:

In order to be able to understand and help each individual patient/client, health and wellness professionals must embrace all the aspects of integral health themselves.  As stated by Dacher, when we bring a matured inner life to our work, we also bring calm, care, and delight. Through our daily practice, we stabilize our mind and open our heart. (Dacher 2006).

I still have work to do in each area for integral health.  I am one that believes that there is always room for improvement and growth.  We make those improvements and achieve that growth through constant education. 

Assessment:

During my assessment I looked at where I was one year ago to where I am today. I only have myself as a “measuring stick”.  Physically, I am stronger today than I was before I started working out.  Psychologically, I have made great improvements because I have learned to think before I react to certain situations.  My stress level is not what it used to be and my normal blood pressure is testament to that.  Spiritually, my faith is strong yet I still have not made a true effort to find a church that I can be actively involved in attending regularly. I know I have room for improvement in all areas.

Goal development:

Physical:  I have a goal of regaining my total plant base, nutritionally dense eating lifestyle so that I can achieve my weight loss goal of 30 pounds by my next birthday in March.

Psychological:  The goal is to give myself more time each day for meditation and relaxation. 

Spiritual:  I would like to find a church to attend regularly and that I will feel comfortable in.

Practices for personal health:

Physical: I can continue to exercise each morning as I have been but also try to add in an evening walk or run to help clear my mind after a long day at work.  I will restart my meal planning so that I can stay on track with my plant base eating lifestyle.

Psychological:  I can continue to develop my meditation as it will help with my mental clarity and my spirituality.

Spiritual:  Prayer and meditation can help me open my mind and heart.

Commitment:

I plan on keeping a journal in order to track my growth in each area.  It’s not a journal that I will do daily but one that I can go to as I take notice of every small change or improvement in any aspect of my life.  The purpose of this journal is so that it will help me see if I need to make adjustments as I move through my journey.

1 comment:

  1. Hope, want to wish you all the success as you continue to work towards your goals. I myself have found that keeping that daily journal especially of the foods and workout/workout times has worked wonders in helping me keep myself on track in the past. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete