In this exercise Dacher asked us to close our eyes for a minute and rest into the natural ease of our mind and body then repeat a certain phrase. Loving kindness is something that I can open myself up to. It is easy to feel good towards and wish the best for those that you love and are close to. Can we do the same for those that have hurt you or that you're angry with? At one time I would have said, "no" to that question. I have been gradually learning to also open my mind and heart to those that I used to have hard feelings towards. Forgiveness is becoming a healing process that I'm truly benefitting from.
The assessment just reinforced the fact that for me, my eating lifestyle, my physical fitness, and my relationship with God are the areas that are very important in keeping me on the right path to taking care of myself so that I may also help others learn to care for themselves. I will lead by example and not by empty words.
No comments:
Post a Comment