Sunday, October 6, 2013

Unit 10

These 10 weeks have been very beneficial for me. I used to concentrate on the physical and nutritional areas of my life, not realizing that my mind needed it's own time. I now see that we need to include the mental exercises so that we can be healthy in every aspect of our life.We release toxins from our physical body when we work out, we detox our systems when we switch out junk food for whole food, therefore we detox our minds when we practice mental wellness and release all the negative thoughts from our minds. Comparing the improvements made since Unit 3, I can say that my physcological health has been the one to improve the most. I am spending more time working on my meditation techniques which is leading to mind clarity, self-awareness, and less stress. This is really great at a time when there is so much going on in my professional life that would normally have me completely stressed out. Instead I'm using what I have learned through this class to keep me grounded and focused on the positive. My plan is to continue to exercise daily, eat healthy, and meditate daily. I found a place close to home where they offer free classes on meditation so I am planning on taking those classes so that I can improve my techniques. I want to continue to benefit from all that I learned in this class. I wish everyone the best on their own personal health and wellness journey!

4 comments:

  1. Good job with excelling in your psychological health! It really pays off. I have to say that I always that just physical and nutritional health were the most important. However, after this class, I have found that the mental and spiritual aspects are important as well. They might even be more important. I mean, who would want to go through life unhealthy integrally but have the mask of a physical fit body to show? I think it's not going to be a well lived life. But, that's just me. I hope you keep up with your meditation and enjoy all the benefits of being well and healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that stress is one of the major factors that affects all of us. I personally like guided mediation and have taken classes prior. I feel as sharing this experience with others can be very beneficial. Surrounding one's self with individuals that hold similar beliefs can also be beneficial for continuing to live a holistic life. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope,

    I experienced an increase in my psychological health as well. Amazingly, that was the area that really needed the most improvement. It is refreshing to read how much of an impact this course has had on your life. Keep up the good work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope, good for you! I am so glad that you got so much out of this class and that you are going to try to continue learning. I too am looking to find good ways to deal with the stress that life puts upon me and I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete