Monday, September 23, 2013

Unit 8

The two exercises that I find most helpful for me are visualization and meditation. These two exercises help me start my day on a positive note. As I focus on my breathing, I visualize my little corner of paradise or me walking along a beautiful beach having my daily conversation with God. After an intense workout each morning, it helps for me to take a few minutes to just breathe and relax before getting my busy day started. Mental fitness is a very important part of my life. Working in hospice care, I deal with a lot of sadness, pain, suffering, and stress. I need my own time each day to recharge and clear my mind and soul in order to keep myself balanced throughout each day.

2 comments:

  1. I agree; it is important to take sometime each day for yourself. I can see how this is especially relevant for your, who has such as difficult job. Personally, I still have not been able to get into the visualization exercises; however, it sounds that it has been very beneficial for you. I think that this is due to the freedom of letting the mind wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope,

    These two practice have been the most helpful for me as well. I agree with Daniel in your line of work these practices are essential. It is so easy to internalize things especially if you are a compassionate individual as you have to be in hospice care. I can attest to the fact that breathing practices work wonders.

    ReplyDelete